Identify of Beneficiaries and Modes of Distribution
Normally, the Macau SAR government will send a crossed cheque to each beneficiary via post to the address that the beneficiaries have specified, including foreign addresses. Moreover, in order to simplify administrative procedures and to increase the efficiency of distributing the amount of wealth partaking, the government will also disburse the respective amount to the beneficiaries via bank transfer to the appointed local bank account of the beneficiaries. Furthermore, the Social Welfare Bureau will assist certain residents who are in special circumstances to obtain the amount of wealth partaking.
|Identity of Beneficiaries||Modes of Receiving amount of wealth partaking|
|Teaching staffs receiving direct subsidy or subsidy for professional development||Bank transfer|
|Students in tertiary education receiving student aid from the Education and Youth Development Bureau (Student Benefits Fund)|
|Persons registered for receiving tax reimbursement or other payments from Financial Services Bureau through bank transfer|
|Civil servants have not yet registered for receiving tax reimbursement or other payments from Financial Services Bureau through bank transfer|
|Retired civil servants receiving retirement pension and other persons receiving survivor pension|
|Persons receiving subsidy for senior citizens|
|Persons receiving disability subsidy|
|Persons receiving financial assistance from the Social Welfare Bureau|
|Persons assisted by
the Social Welfare Bureau including:
(1) Minors whose guardianship has not been established;
(2) Incompetent persons;
(3) Persons being deprived of their liberty by rehabilitative measure;
(4) Persons being deprived of their liberty by measures or subjected to criminal punishment;
(5) Other persons requiring assistance from the Social Welfare Bureau
|Amount of wealth partaking will be disbursed by the Social Welfare Bureau in an appropriate way|
For eligible Macau SAR residents who have not received the wealth partaking amount by reason of death, the respective amount can be requested by the administrator of the deceased’s estate, which is required under Article 1917 of the Civil Code for the administration of the deceased estate until its liquidation and distribution, by other means as stipulated by law.
Amount to be Distributed
The amount of the WPS to be distributed is not fixed every year. In addition, the amount payable to holders of Macau SAR permanent and non-permanent identity cards is different. These amounts are subject to the administrative regulation promulgated every year. The amount issued annually since 2008 is listed as follows:
|Year||Amount to be Distributed (MOP)|
|Holders of Macau SAR Permanent Identity Card||Holders of Macau SAR Non-permanent Identity Card|
* In 2011, the Macau SAR government promulgated No. 29/2011 Administrative Regulations Cash Subsidies 2011, with a view to issuing one-time cash subsidies to eligible Macau SAR residents to alleviate the living pressure caused by inflation. Residents holding a valid or renewable Macau SAR permanent or non-permanent identity card and meeting the conditions stipulated by the administrative regulation may obtain a cash grant of MOP3,000 and MOP1,800 respectively.
In accordance with the provisions of the current Budget Law, crossed cheques issued by the Macau SAR government for annual amount of wealth partaking can be cashed in the year of cheques and valid for three years from December 31 of the same year. In other words, their permitted cashing period lasts until December 30 three years later.